Thursday 5 December 2013

Artist Profile: Mondi

Mondi is an artist based in London and of Iranian heritage. Her work beautifully fuses the Persian Script with sometimes feminine imagery. We asked Mondi some questions about her art whilst she painted a picture for us.

 What inspires you to paint?

Absolutely everything inspires me. It could be anything from looking up at the sky & seeing a beautiful sunset to walking past a small piece of Art on a wall somewhere.
Does your background influence your painting?
Of course. I use a lot of Persian writing and Persian influenced designs within my work. I think cultural background is an integral part of my personal style.
What projects have you been working on?
I have been working on a lot of different projects. The most recent one is on a construction site and I was asked to paint the boards around the site to brighten up the area.
Did you study art at school?
 I studied Art in GCSE and didn't take it in A-level, but then went on to uni to study BA Fine Art and then Masters in Animation.
What do you want to do in the future?
Create even more art. Keep painting. Keep evolving my style. Keep learning. We should never stop educating ourselves. Life is a strange and beautiful thing. We need to get the most out of it.







1 comment: